Download all application forms to your local computer. Using the full Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) you may then complete and save each form (1/2 inch margins, 11 pt. Arial font).
- Face Page: One PI should be selected as the contact PI and all communication will be with that individual. Institutional approvals for use of human subjects, animals, and/or biohazards will be required on a just-in-time basis. (Download Face Page form)
- Research Plan (limit 4 pages, excluding references): Include specific aims, significance and impact, brief research strategy providing an overall rationale for the experimental approaches proposed (avoiding highly specific details regarding scientific methods). Include a clear statement describing the nature of the collaborative arrangement, the roles of the collaborating PIs and potential funding sources.
- References (limit 2 pages): Provide complete references, including all authors & full title, to publications cited in your research plan. Font as above.
- NIH Biosketch (limit 5 pages): Include a biosketch for the PIs and Co-Investigators. List the current, pending and recent past funding (2 years) available to each applicant. List all publications (published or in press only) in the past five years. (Form and sample are provided) [Download Biosketch Form]
- Budget: Use the form provided. Funds cannot be used for investigators’ salaries, renovation, membership dues, or indirect costs or IRB fees to other institutions. (Download Budget form)
- Budget Justification (limit 1 page): All items must be fully justified, following the format of the budget page; indicate the % effort and describe the role of all personnel.
Additional pages may be created using a word-processing package (e.g., MS Word), then converted to .pdf files. When completed the above must be combined into one pdf file named “Lastname_Firstname_Seed_2018.pdf”.
Submit the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org