Task Force 2
Standard 3 (Institutional Resources)
- To what extent have the College's fiscal, capital, human, facilities, library, and technology resources evolved and matured since 2009? What new strategic priorities, objectives, and metrics have been developed since the prior self-study regarding the allocation of resources? How do these priorities, objectives, and metrics effectively serve the mission?
- How effective is the College's budgeting process? How can the process be strengthened and improved?
- To what extent are the College's expenses in line with the institution's mission, goals and operational requirements? How has the breakdown of revenue and expenditures changed over the past decade? What has been the resulting impact of these changes on the College?
- How are assumptions developed to support fiscal projections? What forms of fiscal accountability (strategies, processes, and controls) are in place to assure that resources are allocated in a manner consistent with the annual approved plans?
- What processes are in place to evaluate institutional control of financial, facilities, and technology operations? How does the institution use audit results to provide continuous improvement?
- How effectively does the College utilize its facilities? How adequate are the procedures for upkeep and maintenance, and renewal of facilities and equipment?
- How effectively does Touro utilize technology to support teaching and learning, and administrative functions?
- What plans exist for increasing non-tuition revenues over the next 3 to 5 years? How effectively do fundraising and grant operations contribute to resource development?
- How well-integrated are Touro’s WASC accredited schools and NYMC within the institution’s financial planning and budgeting process?
- What is being done to ensure the quality of classrooms, including keeping current with innovative teaching and learning technologies? To what degree does the current inventory of classrooms meet the instructional needs of the College?
- How does the College reprioritize resources in light of changing enrollment patterns?