Extracurricular Activities & Vulnerable Populations
- To ensure access to participation in all student campus clubs and organizations, meetings and activities shall be held remotely. The president or designated representative of each organization may apply for a Touro-licensed Zoom account to conduct appropriate club/organization activities.
- Touro’s Temporary Travel Policy adopted in March 2020 remains in effect for the Fall 2020 academic semester.
- As a general rule there will be no on-campus presentations, club meetings or events during the Fall 2020 semester. All activities are encouraged to be planned for and offered in a remote fashion so as to ensure full participation by all interested students. Any exceptions to this rule must be approved in writing by senior management and must occur in accordance with the Guidance on Higher Education from NYS.
- All competitive sports activities will be cancelled for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Residential campuses may have alternative guidelines for extracurricular activities, as approved by the dean and senior management.
- In the case of a student, employee or faculty member who has a disability, is unable to attend classes or come to the office in person and/or requires other assistance and/or access, a request for reasonable accommodation shall be made in accordance with existing College policy to the disabilities coordinator at the program where the student is enrolled or the Human Resources department. All reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with the College’s policy.
- In the case of an employee who has a disability (as defined in the ADA and under state and local laws), which prevents that employee from performing one or more of the essential functions of the job, Touro College will attempt, through a flexible, interactive process with the employee, to identify a reasonable accommodation that will enable the employee to perform such functions. After the interactive process, Touro College will provide the employee with a written final determination, identifying any accommodation which has been granted or denied. Requests for accommodations or questions regarding the accommodation process must be directed to the Human Resources Department.