Financial Aid Reference Documents
In addition to the Federal Student Financial Aid Policy and Procedures Manual, other regulations which affect student aid will be adhered to. The regulations and guides are located at www.ifap.ed.gov and are referenced as follows:
- Verification – 34 CFR 668.51 – 668.61
- Satisfactory Academic Progress – 34 CFR 668.34
- Professional Judgment – 34 CFR 668.53(c)
- Awarding – 34 CFR 668.3, 34 CFR 668.4, 34 CFR 668.43, 34 CFR 600.2, 34 CFR 668.165(a)(1) & (2), DL 34 CFR 685.303(e), 34 CFR 690.79, 34 CFR 668.35(e) & (g)
- Reporting Fraud – 34 CFR 602.17(g), CFR 668.16(p), 34 CFR 668.21(a), 34 CFR 668.51 – 61
- Student Loan Code of Conduct – HEOA Section 493
- Return to Title IV for Withdrawn Students – 34 CFR 668.22
The mission statement of Touro College and University System is to provide quality educational programs in Jewish studies, the liberal arts and sciences, and the professions including education, law, medicine, pharmacy, health sciences, social work, and business programs.
The primary purpose of the financial program at Touro College and University System is to provide financial assistance to students, who, without aid, would be unable to attend the university. It is the policy of Touro College and University System to award federal financial aid in accordance with federal regulations and guidelines pertaining to the types of assistance requested.