F-1 Visa/I-20

The F-1 visa is a student visa issued by the US Department of State. Most international students need an F-1 visa in order to study in the U.S. The most accurate F-1 visa information can be found at the website of the US Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at www.travel.state.gov or the U.S. Embassies in your country.

Form I-20, the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status, is a document issued by SEVP- approved schools and allows foreign students to attend a full course of study in the U.S. To be qualified for Touro University I-20, you must:

  • Be fully accepted by the program
  • Demonstrate proficiency in the English language with TOEFL, IETS, or other appropriate test scores, certificates, or transcripts
  • Submit a copy of your passport and proof of sufficient financial support for tuition, fees, and living expenses
  • Provide foreign residence and mailing address information

You will be required to submit a copy of a letter of full acceptance, passport, proof of English proficiency, foreign resident address, and proof of financial support to an International Admission Coordinator for I-20 issuance purposes. If you are a transfer student, you will be required to submit additional documents.

Enrollment Requirements for International Students in the 2022-2023 Academic Year

F-1 students must maintain a full course of study at Touro University to maintain their F1 student status. More than one distance education course can count towards enrollment requirements.

All international students (new/initial F1 and continuing students) MUST take at least one in-person course per semester while taking a full course of study in the 2022-2023 academic year.

SEVP Continues March 2020 Guidance for the 2022-2023 Academic Year

(Last Updated: April 18, 2022)

The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) extended the March 2020 Guidance for the 2022-2023 academic year. This guidance enables schools and students to engage in distance learning in excess of regulatory limits due to the continuing public health concerns created by COVID-19. The March 2020 Guidance applies to nonimmigrant students who were actively enrolled at a U.S. school on March 9, 2020 and are otherwise complying with the terms of their nonimmigrant status, whether from inside the United States or abroad.

I-20 Application Process

Undergraduate School & Professional Schools (Including School of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, and College of Pharmacy)

Ms. Lita Cabezas
International Admissions Coordinator
P: 212-463-0400 ext. 55644
E: lita.cabezas@touro.edu

Graduate Schools

Ms. Sharmilee Hoopnarine
International Admissions Coordinator
P: 212-463-0400 ext. 55119
E: sharmilee.hoopnarine@touro.edu