Goals of The Self-Study
The expected goals of our Self-Study are as follows:
- To energize and galvanize the Touro College community through participation in an important reflective process that will lead to constructive changes.
- To empower all constituencies of the College community with a voice in the self-study process in order to deepen institutional self-understanding and consensus.
- To assess the impact of institutional changes and renewal in the past five years on the operations, missions and goals, and strategic plan of the College.
- To review, clarify, and, as necessary, recommend changes in the institution’s mission and goals in light of internal and external developments.
- To identify, both in academic and in administrative areas, institutional strengths as well as weaknesses, and to make appropriate recommendations for improvements.
- To enhance ongoing assessment processes and the use of results throughout the institution.
- To identify challenges Touro is likely to face in the future and to suggest strategies for addressing them.
- To demonstrate through a comprehensive self-study that MSCHE accreditation standards are met.
- To craft a self-study document that can serve as a guide for future institutional planning, change, growth, and renewal.
In essence, the self-study will serve both to evaluate Touro’s current performance and as a planning document for the future of the institution.