The following sanctions may be imposed for violation of this Policy. Sanctions of one class may be accompanied by sanctions of a lesser or greater class. Except in the case of a student’s expulsion or dismissal, any student found to have violated this Policy is required to take additional ethics tutorials intended to assist student to avoid future misconduct.
Class A Sanctions:
- Revocation of awarded degree in the event that the violation is identified after graduation
Class B Sanctions:
- Suspension (up to twenty-four months)
- Indication of the violation in a letter of reprimand, in reference letters, licensure and regulatory forms, etc.
- Notification of the violation to the other schools within the Touro College and University System
- Indication of ‘disciplinary action for academic integrity violation’ on the permanent transcript
Class C Sanctions:
- Placement on Academic Probation
- Failure in the course, with consequences as determined by the individual program’s rules and regulations
- Reduction of the grade for a particular submitted piece of work, segment of work required for a course/clerkship, or the entire course/clerkship with or without the option of redoing the work or the course/clerkship
- Requiring the student to redo the assignment
Repeat offenders may be subject to more stringent sanctions.