Student Research Fellowship Grant Program
Goal: Provide modest but critical support for high-quality student-initiated summer research projects across the entire Touro College and University System, to:
- develop student expertise in the design and conduct of a novel research project under faculty mentorship
- enhance student potential career objectives and advancement
- demonstrate the important contributory capacity of student researchers to our research enterprise
Competition and Selection:
- The competition will be open to all students (from our Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional Schools) at the four major campuses, Touro College, Touro University California, Touro University Nevada, and New York Medical College.
- Selection will focus on a combination of excellence of the proposed research and a system-wide distribution of awards.
- Funding - $5,000 ($3,000 for a research training fellowship stipend and $2,000 for research support costs);
- Period of performance - July 19, 2021 to October 15, 2021.
- Final Summary Research Report - Due 30 days after end of award
- Title of Project; Student Researcher Name and School/Campus Affiliation; Faculty Mentor’s Name and School/Campus Affiliation; Abstract; Aims and Summary Work Plan with References (2 pages total); note any compliance requirements (e.g., human subjects, animal care, biosafety/lab safety).
- Brief bio-statement for student applicant; and budget and budget justification for stipend and research support costs (1 page total)
- Use Arial 11pt font and 1/2 inch margins for the two application components listed above.
- Letter of recommendation and commitment by the faculty mentor that addresses the quality of the proposed project, the capacity of the student to carry it out, and the resources the faculty member will provide as part of the mentorship (1 page)
- Letter of recommendation and support from the Dean of the school in which the student is enrolled (1 page)
Proposals are to be submitted to Glenn Davis, Director, Office of Sponsored Programs, Touro College, at email@example.com.
Please label your proposal as follows: Student’s Last Name_Student’s First Name_Summer Research_2021.pdf.
- Application Deadline: July 9, 2021
- Awards Announced: On or about July 19 , 2021