Bridge Funding Grant Program in the Biomedical/Health Sciences Instructions
Download all application forms to your local computer. Using the full Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) you may then complete and save each form. (1/2 inch margins, 11 pt. Arial font)
- Face Page: Complete as indicated. Institutional approvals for use of human subjects, animals, and/or biohazards will be required on a just-in-time basis. (Download Face Page form).
- Research Plan (limit 4 pages, excluding references): Include specific aims, significance and impact, brief research strategy providing an overall rationale for the experimental approaches proposed (avoiding highly specific details regarding scientific methods). Include a clear statement of how bridge funding will aid in addressing the issues raised by the external review process and will help achieve a higher priority score on the next submission.
- References (limit 2 pages): Provide complete references, including all authors & full title, to publications cited in your research plan. Font as above.
- Critique/Summary Statement: Include copy of critique/summary statement (for NIH grants) or equivalent review document for scored, but unfunded, application.
- NIH Biosketch (limit 5 pages): Include a biosketch for the PI and Co-Investigators. List the current, pending and recent past funding (2 years) available to each applicant. List all publications (published or in press only) in the past five years. (Form and sample are provided) (Download Biosketch form)
- Budget: Use the form provided. Funds cannot be used for investigators’ salaries, renovation, membership dues, or indirect costs or IRB fees to other institutions. (Download Budget form)
- Budget Justification (limit 1 page): All items must be fully justified, following the format of the budget page; indicate the % effort and describe the role of all personnel.
Additional pages may be created using a word-processing package (e.g., MS Word), then converted to .pdf files. When completed the above must be combined into one pdf file named:
“Lastname_Firstname_Bridge_2022F.pdf” [for the fall competition]
“Lastname_Firstname_Bridge_2022SP.pdf” [For the winter competition]
Submit the application to: NYMC-OVPResearch@nymc.edu