Seed Funding Grant Program in the Biomedical/Health Sciences Instructions
Download all application forms to your local computer. Using the full Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) you may then complete and save each form (1/2 inch margins, 11 pt. Arial font).
- Face Page: One PI should be selected as the contact PI and all communication will be with that individual. Institutional approvals for use of human subjects, animals, and/or biohazards will be required on a just-in-time basis. Face page may be expanded to include the additional information and signatory lines for multiple PIs. (Download Face Page form)
- Research Plan (limit 4 pages):
- Specific Aims
- Research Strategy
- A statement of significance and impact.
- An overall rationale for the experimental approaches proposed (avoiding highly specific details regarding scientific methods) and delineated experimental design and analysis to be pursued.
- A clear statement describing the nature of the collaborative arrangement and the roles of the collaborating PIs.
- A specific plan of action for seeking future extramural funding:
- Identify the anticipated funding source(s) and, where possible, the specific funding program that will be pursued, possibly during but most likely within twelve months of the end date of the Seed Funding Grant period of performance.
- References (limit 2 pages): Provide complete references, including all authors & full title, to publications cited in your research plan.
- NIH Biosketch (limit 5 pages): Include a biosketch for the PIs and Co-Investigators. List the current, pending and recent past funding (2 years) available to each applicant. List all publications (published or in press only) in the past five years. (Form and sample are provided) [Download Biosketch Form]
- Budget: Use the form provided. There should be a separate budget for each PI’s component of the project and a summery budget for total project costs. Funds cannot be used for investigators’ salaries, renovation, membership dues, or indirect costs or IRB fees to other institutions. (Download Budget form)
- Budget Justification (limit 1 page): (limit 1 page): All items must be fully justified, following the format of the budget page; indicate the percentage effort and describe the role of all personnel.
Additional pages may be created using a word-processing package (e.g., MS Word), then converted to .pdf files. When completed the above must be combined into one pdf file named "Lastname_Firstname_Seed_2023SP.pdf".
Submit the application to: NYMC-OVPResearch@nymc.edu